I. Переведите предложения из прямой речи в косвенную.
1. Tom said: “I want to go on holiday next week.”
2. Nick told us: “I saw Jimmy at a party last week.”
3. She said: “They will arrive in St.Petersburg tomorrow.”
4. The student said: “I have never been to Paris.”
5. I said: “I can do my homework after dinner.”
II. Восстановите прямую речь в предложениях. Выберите правильный вариант ответа.
1. He told me that he had fallen ill.
a) He told me: “I have fallen ill.”
b) He told me: “I has fallen ill.”
c) He told me: “He will fall ill.”
2. I told my sister that she might catch a cold.
a) I told my sister: “She may catch a cold.”
b) I told my sister: “You might catch a cold.”
c) I told my sister: “You may catch a cold.”
3. Mary said that she would buy you a warm coat the following day.
a) Mary said: “I shall buy you a warm coat the following day.”
b) Mary said: “I shall buy you a warm coat tomorrow.”
c) Mary said: “She would buy you a warm coat the following day.”
III. Переведите предложения на русский язык.
1. She invited her friends to come and spend a holiday with her in the USA.
2. I told him not to come before 6 o’clock.
3. Mother asked her son not to eat all the cake.
4. The officer commanded to the soldiers to fire.