3. In the cinema ( )
4. In the airport ( )
5. In the library ( )
Раздел 2.(задания по чтению)
Расставьте утверждения в порядке чтения текстов
A. Safe solutions are still needed
B. International efforts to stop pollution
C. Science for nature protection
D. Set to protect nature.
E. Air pollution in the chain of global destruction.
F. We are all elements of global ecosystem.
1. People have lived on our planet for many years. We may live on different continents and in different countries, but we all depend on our planet, on the sun, on animals and plants around us. We must take care of Earth but not destruct wildlife. Many species of animals and birds are disappearing nowadays. We cut down trees to make furniture, but we forget that people can’t live without trees and plants. Every little creature or thing oh Earth plays its own part and makes our home unique.
2. One of the biggest eco problems is pollution. The main reason of pollution is rubbish Most of our rubbish goes to big holes in the ground, called ’dumps’. But dumps are very dangerous for our life, because they are full of rats, which can carry infections away from dumps. Another way to get rid of rubbish is to burn it. But the fires make poisons, which go into the air and pollute it. This is the propel scientists should get interested in. Such researchers are worth spending money on.
3. The Royal Society for the prevention of cruelty to animals (the RSPCA) tries to protect animals from bad use. It operates big nation campaigns aimed at lost pets and circus animals. The World Wildlife Fund (The WWF) rescued several species of animals mammals as well as birds. These organizations also helped to create more than 25C National parks. Greenpeace began its work 20 years ago from saving whales. And now Greenpeace is a world-famous organization, which saves plants, animals and people.
4. Every year world industry pollutes the atmosphere with about 1000 million tons ol dust and harmful substances. Many cities suffer from smog. Vast forests are cut down and burn in fire. Their disappearance upsets the oxygen balance. As a result some rare species of animals, birds, fish and plants disappear forever, a number of lakes and rivers dry up. The pollution of air and the world destruction of the ozone layer is the result of man’s careless interaction with nature, a sign of ecological crises.
5. Numerous conferences have been held to discuss questions of ecologically pool regions including the Aral Sea, the South Urals, Kuzbass, Donbass, Seiriipalatsinsfc and Chernobyl. An international environmental research center has been set up on Lake Baikal. Scientists are also doing much to preserve the environment. But these are only the initial steps that must be carried forward to protect not only for the sake of the present but for the future generations.
Раздел 3.(задания по грамматике и лексике)
Поставьте слово в нужную форму
Amy was clothes shopping. She was trying on new outfits when her mobile phone suddenly ____________________ .RING
It was her friend Adam. He wanted to know if she needed any help ___________________________ for their history test. STUDY
‘Yes, please!’ said Amy. ‘I ______________________ badly in the last test, so I really want to impress Mrs Sanders this time. ’DO
They arranged to meet at Adam’s house at seven o’clock. ‘I can’t find my history notes, so remember to bring ___________________ ,’ said Adam. YOU
At eight o’clock, Amy still ____________________________ . Adam was not happy .NOT ARRIVE
‘I can’t wait any __________________________ ,’ he thought to himself. ‘I’ll have to get the notes from someone else. ’LONG
He was just about to call his friend Tom when he heard a couple of _______________________________ voices outside. It was Amy and an older woman.
Adam opened the door. ‘Hi Adam,’ said Amy. ‘Sorry I’m a few minutes late. The bad news is that I ____________________ my history notes too.’
Amy smiled. ‘But don’t worry because this is a good friend of _________________ – and she’s a history teacher!’ME